Update for the protection of TMG patients, staff and the general public during the COVID-19 pandemic
At Territory Medical Group, the health and well-being of our patients, staff & community are our number one priority. We continue to closely monitor the global and local Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic medical updates.
We request that, regardless of travel or known COVID-19 contact , if you are experiencing any cold/flu-like symptoms which may include fever, coughing, sore throat, fatigue, shortness of breath that you contact us by phone BEFORE making an appointment. We have enhanced our booking online features to allow you to book a GP telehealth appointment with a doctor at Territory Medical Group!
Telehealth – Phone or video consultations for TMG patients:
For those patients who are unable to have a face-to-face consultation and do not require emergency treatment, we have the ability to conduct a consultation over a phone or video link.
To minimise NBN congestion, we will be offering phone or video consultation from your home, hotel or vehicle. This service will be charged at our standard fees and the standard rebate will apply for Australian Medicare card holders (as per the updated 6 April 2020 Federal Government Medicare COVID-19 rules)
Please speak to our reception team or book online if you or someone you know would like to utilise this service.
As an Australian accredited health care provider, we will continue to uphold our high hygiene and infection control standards, policies and procedures. With the evolving coronavirus situation, we have implemented a number of additional measures to help protect our patients and staff.
Our existing measures include:
- Thorough, frequent cleaning of all high touch areas with hospital grade disinfectant, including reception surfaces, door handles and treatment areas.
- Use of appropriate Personal Protective Equipment during all appointments.
- Requesting patients advise us if they are potentially high risk for infection or have been exposed to anyone who is high risk.
- Requesting all patients use the hand sanitiser provided upon entry into our reception areas.
- Educational posters regarding risk reduction, symptoms and best practice hand washing.
- Ensuring staff who are experiencing cold / flu-like symptoms remain at home.
- Doctors and nurses not shaking hands with patients.
- Where possible, clinical and reception staff will be maximising distance between themselves and patients.
Additional measures include:
- A special GP and nurse drive-thru service for all our patients 65 years and over requiring their special age-specific flu vaccine to help best protect this group from possible contact with the Coronavirus in the shopping centre.
Territory Medical Management