In our commitment to making sure our community has access to primary care services during this difficult time, our medical centre remains open and fully functional. Your and your family’s well-being is our foremost priority and so we urge our patients not to neglect your medical needs and continue to seek help when you need it.
Visiting a GP is very important, especially after the lockdown when most of us are confined to our homes and have been missing out on regular health checks. Face-to-face consultation with our GPs is generally the best, however, we have also placed a convenient way to speak to our doctors via telehealth services and is highly recommended for patients that would like remote services.
What is the importance of visiting your GP regularly?
Although the main objective for visiting your local doctors is to proactively take charge of your overall health, there are specific reasons why visiting your GP regularly is important.
A regular visit to your local medical centre can help to identify health conditions that can become severe if not taken care of. Early detection enhances the possibility of getting treatment quickly reducing the risk of further complications.
- Receive GP care plans that help in treating, monitoring and maintaining your overall health.
- Regular blood tests, screening and counseling can tell a lot about your physical and mental health and allow doctors to identify potential risks.
- Increase the chances of cure and treatment helping in improving your health and increase lifespan.
- Regular cancer screenings for cervical, breast and prostate cancers can help with early detection, make plans for reducing potential risks or further examinations if required.
- It can also tell other stories of your health that may need extra care.
What you should know about visiting our medical centre during this time?
We are leaving no stones unturned in making sure our medical centre is thoroughly sanitised, cleaned regularly and our doctors and staff are screened before assisting others. Our post-lockdown initiatives are to ensure that we are well prepared to continue our services and provide a safe environment for all our patients and their families.
Both our Nightcliff and Mitchell centres are fully functional and we are ready to welcome you. Here is a list of medical services we would like to recommend to patients and our community to seek post lockdown.
- Preventive medical screening including tests for skin cancer, breast cancer or other annual screening.
- Physical health check, BMI checks and blood tests.
- Mental wellness counseling with GPs and clinical psychologists.
- Immunizations and flu shots including travel medicine before you plan to travel
- Sensory screenings including eyesight and hearing tests.
- General health consultations.
We would also like to let all our patients know that our medical centres are one-stop family health practices for all your concerns. If you have any questions, visit us to consult with our doctors and get your answers. You can either opt for an online appointment or call us at (08) 8948 4333 for assistance with bookings.