Post Natal Care Clinic
General Practitioners are ideal to assist you and your family post delivery period and so, we have a team specialising in post natal care in Darwin. We have placed a program for Post Natal 6 Week Check for mothers and babies. This health assessment program would be helpful to detect and diagnose pain, bowel problems due to childbirth, urinary incontinence and other related health issues as well as infant assessment.
Our Post Natal Care 6 week check for Mothers and Babies
The post natal or six-week check marks your official discharge from the maternity services, if there are no complications that need further visits. Your check may include:
- A smear test, if you did not have an update before your pregnancy.
- An abdominal examination to ensure your uterus is back to its non-pregnant state.
- Look at your episiotomy or caesarean scar, if you had one.
- Blood pressure recording.
- Urine test.
- Blood test to check your iron levels.
What to expect in your Post Natal check-up?
During your Post Natal care check-up at our Darwin locations, we focus that you get the maximum benefits from our support team.
So, making a list of questions prior to your visit is a good start. For example, you might want to ask your doctor whether you are r
Your doctor will also want to know how you’re feeling physically and emotionally.
- You might undergo an incision check-up.
- Pelvic check for assuring you don’t have any infections.
- An overall health check for your general health, addressing vitamins and minerals replenishment in your body and check if you have pain.
- Our doctors might do a manual thyroid check.
- We might also assess your mental well-being.