Protection of Patients, Staff and the General Public
At Territory Medical Group, the health and well-being of our patients, staff & community are our number one priority, and we are closely monitoring the new Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic.
We request that, regardless of travel, if you are experiencing any cold/flu-like symptoms which may include fever, coughing, sore throat, fatigue, shortness of breath that you contact us by phone before physically attending the clinic. We are temporarily stopping the booking online feature so that we can best assess and triage you on the phone.
FREE* Telehealth – Phone or video consultations for TMG patients:
For those patients who are unable to have a face-to-face consultation and do not require emergency treatment, we have the ability to conduct a consultation over the phone.
To minimise NBN congestion, we will be offering phone consultation from your home, hotel or vehicle. This will be *BULK BILLED for Australian Medicare card holders who “have been seen in the last 12 months by any TMG doctor” (per the NEW March 2020 Medicare COVID rules)
IF bandwidth allows and we require pictures, a video consultation or email consultation can also be arranged.
Please speak to our reception team if you or someone you know would like to utilise this service.
As an Australian accredited health care provider, we will continue to uphold our high hygiene and infection control standards, policies and procedures. With the evolving coronavirus situation, we have implemented a number of additional measures to help protect our patients and staff.
Our existing and additional measures include:
- Thorough, frequent cleaning of all high touch areas with hospital grade disinfectant, including reception surfaces, door handles and treatment areas.
- Use of appropriate Personal Protective Equipment during all appointments.
- Requesting patients advise us if they are potentially high risk for infection or have been exposed to anyone who is high risk.
- Requesting all patients use the hand sanitiser provided upon entry into our reception areas.
- Educational posters regarding risk reduction, symptoms and best practice hand washing.
- Ensuring staff who are experiencing cold / flu-like symptoms remain at home.
- Doctors and nurses not shaking hands with patients.
- Where possible, clinical and reception staff will be maximising distance between themselves and patients.
Territory Medical Group